How to Fix HP Printer in Error State Windows 10
There is always a problem in operating electronic devices, causing them unable to work properly and resulting in your less-efficient productivity.
HP printer in error state Windows 10 is one of the typical problems reported by most of the users. In this case, the printer fails to connect to the computer, making you unable to make a print job.
Now if you are getting the same error, this article will help you find a quick solution. There is no limitation to the printer brands here.
All the solutions we are going to share will be applicable for not only HP printer but also other brands like Canon, Epson, Ricoh, Brother and etc.
Without wasting too much time, let’s have a quick read of the following review sections.
Before Getting Started with The Solutions
Keep in mind that there are some conditions that everyone should ensure before performing the steps in each of the solution given.
First, make sure that the printer is turned on and connected with the computer either through the cable or the Wi-Fi network.
Second, the printer is not running out of ink. Ensure that the ink cartridge is placed correctly and properly. Next, please check whether there is no paper jammed. Last, don’t forget to close the printer’s cover.
How To Fix HP Printer in Error State Windows 10
In order to fix the HP printer error state on your Windows 10, try the solutions below along with each steps provided.
Run Your HP Printer’s Troubleshooter
What is printer troubleshooter? It is one of the built-in Windows 10 tools that acts to solve the different kinds of printer errors. This tool must be launched by the following steps:
- Make sure you have selected “Apply repairs automatically” option.
- Press Win + R keys
- Type “msdt.exe /id PrinterDiagnostic” in the dialog box.
- Press “Next” to run the troubleshooter.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- Check whether the error is fixed.
Check The Printer’s Status
The issue of HP printer in error state Windows 10 occurs simply because the printer is in “Offline” mode. If you want to know whether your HP printer is online or offline, follow the steps we have listed for you below:
- Head to control panel.
- Select “Devices and Printers” and see if your printer is displaying “Ready” or “Offline”. If it displays “Ready”, it means it is online.
- However, if the printer is offline, right-click on it and press “Use Printer Online” option.
- Wait for a message displaying from Offline to Ready status.
Check The Print Spooler Dependencies Status
Error state Windows 10 can occur on your HP printer is probably because the Print Spooler Dependencies are not working on your system. So look at the instructions below and follow them:
- Head to Run dialog box to type “services.msc” and press OK. The service app will be launched then.
- When you are already in the service app, scroll down to find the Print Spooler.
- Right click on Print Spooler and press Properties.
- Select the Dependencies tab to find the list of services. Expand the services and take a note of them.
- Check all the status of Dependent Services and note them.
- Check the status of all Dependent Services that you have taken the note. Make sure all the services are running.
However, if the error still persist, try the next following solution.
Download The Latest Printer Driver from the Manufacturer’s Website
If all the solutions we have shared above do not seems working to help you fix the HP printer in error state Windows 10, the error may be on your printer driver.
In this case, you need to download the latest printer driver from the manufacturer’s official website and carry out the installation.
However, the first thing you need to do prior to downloading it is to uninstall the printer driver that you have had in your HP printer.
In the other words, you must uninstall the existing printer driver and download another printer driver and install it.
Overall, it is expected that these solutions are applicable to help you fix the error state Windows 10.