How to Make a Sliding Door in Minecraft
This article explains how to make a sliding door in Minecraft. You can do the following steps on the Minecraft version of mobile, computer, and console. So, check it out!
1. Start your game in a mode of Creative. You can just make a piston door automatically in a mode of Survival.
However, you will have to spend a very long time searching for the materials needed and assembling the components, unless you have had them.
2. Place the required components onto the equipment bar. Some of the materials needed to make an automatic door of the piston are: Redstone, Redstone torch, Cobblestone (or solid block that looks like wood), Sticky Piston, Plates of Stone Pressure
Find a location to make the door. When you have had a house that you want to have a door on, go to that place.
If you don’t already have one, find a flat spot. Once you’ve found a spot where you intend to make or build the door, start wiring.
1. Make a hole with dimensions of 2x2x3. It means that you need to drill a hole 2 blocks long, 2 blocks deep, and 3 blocks wide.
2. Dig 2 cable channels. Facing the side 3 blocks wide, dig a corridor 2 blocks high and 2 blocks long, from the center block.
Next, you can remove or delete the top block, exactly in front of you. After that, you may repeat these actions on the other hole’s side.
3. Place Redstone at the hole’s bottom. It will make a Redstone box with dimensions of 2×3.
4. Put the torch of Redstone at every channel’s end. It means that the torches will be in a high block at every corridor’s end.
5. Line up the Redstone in the corridor. Place two redstones on the floor in every corridor for connecting the torches of Redstone to a Redstone on the hole’s floor of yours.
6. Place the cobblestone block on top of the Redstone torches. For this method to work, you may need to place one block against the torch’s side first, then attach the 2nd block to it. You may also use other solid blocks or even wood.
7. Cover the holes and drains. You must greatly put your block at the level of ground for covering the hole.
When the holes are covered and then all things are even (except for the block on top of the Redstone torch), move on to making the door.
1. Bring a sticky piston. Choose a sticky piston on the gear bar.
2. Place the piston of the stick in every high block’s front. Put one of your blocks covering the Redstone torch, then put the piston of sticky in front of the block. Repeat this process on the other tall blocks.
3. Place the piston of the stick on the top of the two sticky pistons that you have aligned. Face a piston of sticky, and choose the top. Repeat this process on another piston.
4. Put the Redstone on every tall block. This action can activate your sticky piston’s top.
5. Place the door material on the front of each sticky piston. In total, you should place 4 blocks of solid (eg cobblestones) in the frame of the sticky piston’s center.
6. Place 2 pressure plates on the front and back of the door. The pressure plates will be on your ground, in every door, the material column’s behind and front.
7. Test the door. Put your feet on all plates of pressure at the same time to make the door open, next walk through the door. You must perfectly get through and of course without problems. You may build this door in such a way as for disguising a mechanism.
Note: When building this mechanism in an existing home, add decorations (such as a painting) on top of it so that you don’t have to place additional blocks.
Those are some instructions on how to make a sliding door in Minecraft. Good luck!