Knowing how to manage Epson XP-5100 wireless setup can be handy if you want to get the best features of the device.
This is an all in one printer that supports wireless connection to make your work and productivity more efficient.
It doesn’t support wired connection so there is no need to worry that you may be dealing with cables and connections.
However, you should know how to manage the connection wirelessly so it can operate (and run) well.
About Epson XP-5100
This Expression Home device is just great for everyday printing needs. You can customize or create tasks from the desktop without fuss – and you can definitely do it all without any drama.
Not only it supports printing, but it also supports copying and scanning, which makes it perfect for those small business owners looking for a powerful device to help their business runs.
The printer also has its own LCD screen with color, so you should be able to access the menu quite effortlessly.
If you want to manage Epson XP-5100 wireless setup, you only need to connect the printer to a (safe) wireless network and enjoy the greater freedom to print – from anywhere and any device.
Let’s not forget that this printer has impressive printing quality. Isn’t it great when you can produce high quality prints without having to deal with the fuss of connecting it here and there?
How to Manage the Wireless Connection
So, a part of Epson XP-5100 wireless setup is about connecting it wirelessly. How does the process start?
- The setup begins with downloading the driver first. You need to go to Epson’s official site and go to the driver and software page. From there, you need to browse the available driver and then download it.
- Install it. During the process, you will see instructions where the system prompts you with the setup options
- Go with Wireless Connection, and next
- You will be taken to the printer setup window. Go with Set the Printer up for the First time
- You need to click Yes so you can turn on WiFi Auto Connect
- The next step requires you to get the details of your network, such as the password and SSID
- Go with the option Start Setup. When you access the printer Home screen, you should be able to find it under
- Network Connection Settings
- Choose WiFi Setup Wizard and provide the previous info (password and SSID) that you have saved
Different Network Connection Types
Considering that this printer is a wireless type, it means that you can make it run ONLY when it is connected wirelessly. You won’t be able to use cables for the wired connection. There are 2 types of it:
- WiFi connection. It means that you are required to connect this Epson printer and your computer (or another smart device) to an access point or a router. This is the common connection type for office or home networks. So, the computers would be connected wirelessly through the router.
- WiFi Direct. As the name suggests, this is a connection straight between the printer and the computer, so you won’t need any router. Your printer ‘communicates’ with the computer (or other smart devices) directly. But be advised that other connection would be automatically disconnected. Let’s say that your computer is previously connected to the WiFi network, and then you manage a WiFi Direct between the printer and the computer, then your computer’s WiFi network would be disconnected.
Setting up a Connection
If you want the printer to be highly functional and useful, it would be smart to connect it to a desktop computer. But basically, any kind of computer will do.
Use the already provided installer to connect your computer to the printer. There are several methods to make the installer run:
- Website setup. You need to go the official website and provide the name of your printer. Then choose Setup and begin the setup process
- Software disc setup. This is only applicable if you do find the disc with the printer. Moreover, this will only work if your computer has a disc drive. Just place the disc to the computer, follow the instructions on the screen, and off you go!
Now that you already know the details of Epson XP-5100 wireless setup, managing it doesn’t seem overly complicated or difficult, does it?
Epson XP-5100 Driver Windows
Windows 10 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 8 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows XP (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Server, Windows Vista
- Link Download
- File Size : 12 MB
Epson XP-5100 Driver macOS
macOS 10.3, macOS 10.4, macOS 10.5, macOS 10.6, macOS 10.7, macOS 10.8, macOS 10.9, macOS 10.10, macOS 10.11, macOS 10.12, macOS 10.13, macOS 10.14, macOS 10.15, macOS 11
- Link Download
- File Size : 10 MB