Do you know how to manage Epson WF-3720 scan to email setup? If you want to enjoy a seamless operation of the printer, including the scanning feature, you will have to manage the setting.
About WF-3720 Printer
Before we get into talking about Epson WF-3720 scan to email setup, we need to understand what the printer is all about. This is basically a small printer with all-in-one ability coming with a flatbed scanner. The printer isn’t only able to print, but it can also scan to Network Folder, flash disk, email, cloud, and PC. Before you can make use of this feature, you need to configure the setting for email server first.
How to Configure the Setting
If you don’t really know how to do it, read on to understand more about configuring the setting.
- Connect the device to the local (wireless) network. After you are done, turn on the printer
- Choose Home icon button. Check the touchscreen panel; you should be able to see it
- Choose the option General Settings located within the Settings icon
- Choose Network Settings (found within General Settings)
- Scroll down. On the botton, there would be an option Advanced, and then you should see the option Email Server
- Tap Server Settings option with smtp before POP and SMTP-AUTH, and then choose the method Email Server Authentication.
- Feed the email address (for your mail) including the password. It would verify and confirm the authenticated account. Go with SS/TLS or STARTTLS option for safe connection
- Choose Proceed so you can save the (email server) settings after you are done tweaking with the configuration
- Choose Close to validate email server connection, and then choose Connection Check
- You are done! You should now start using the scanner
Accessing Control Panel to Scan to Email
You can use the control panel to manage the Epson WF-3720 scan to email setup. You only need to check whether the device has been activated. You also need to ensure that the printer is being connected to the home network
- Put the real (and original) document on the available scanner glass
- If you want to, load that document to the printer’s ADF
- On the printer, check the control panel and then choose Home icon button
- From the Scan icon, choose Email option
- Choose Contacts, and then choose the already displayed email address, if it’s already in the list. If you can’t find it on the list, then you need to input the address manually. Choose Keyboard icon and then feed the address
- On Scan Settings, choose OK
- Choose the desired (file) format by simply tap on the button File Format
- Choose Send icon so you can scan the document and then email it
About the Scanning Features
Basically, this printer allows you to scan images to different destinations. As long as you have installed the right software and you have connected the printer to the network, you shouldn’t encounter any issue. Don’t forget to restart the computer after the software installation so the program would be ‘refreshed’ again. The original document must be placed on the flatbed scanner. But if you are going to scan several documents, then you need to place them on the ADF.
There are several options of Scan to:
- Computer. It allows you to scan files to an already connected computer with the (saved) scan settings
- Email. You can send the scanned files via an email server that you have configured before
- FTP or Network Folder. This system allows you to scan the files to an already pre-defined folder on the FTP server or a network computer. If you want to use this feature, you have to create the FTP site address or the shared network folder. If you want to register the contact list of the printer, it would be optional
- Memory device. It can save the scanned filed into a (USB) device. You are given the flexibility to choose the file quality, format, and other related settings
- Cloud. You are able to send the (scanned) files to the cloud destination, which you already have registered before through Epson Connect
As you can see, scanning is made super easy with Epson devices. That’s why knowing other setup methods can be handy besides the Epson WF-3720 scan to email setup.
Epson WF-3720 Driver Windows
Windows 10 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 8 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows XP (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Server, Windows Vista
- Link Download
- File Size : 200 MB
Epson WF-3720 Driver macOS
macOS 10.3, macOS 10.4, macOS 10.5, macOS 10.6, macOS 10.7, macOS 10.8, macOS 10.9, macOS 10.10, macOS 10.11, macOS 10.12, macOS 10.13, macOS 10.14, macOS 10.15, macOS 11
- Link Download
- File Size : 180 MB