Epson WF-2540 Wireless Setup & Driver Update
A lot of people always think that managing Epson WF-2540 wireless setup is always difficult. That’s not always the case. In fact, there are two main ways that you can try, and you simply follow the details until it is successful.
First Time Wireless Network Setup with Printer Buttons
If you want to connect your WorkForce printer to the wireless network through printer buttons, check whether the router has been connected to the network or not.
If you are sure that the router has been connected to the network, check whether your computer has been wirelessly connected to it. Otherwise, the Epson WF-2540 wireless setup will fail.
- Place the printer on a location that isn’t too far from the router and jam power cord to it. At this point, you shouldn’t turned the printer on just yet
- After the power cord is connected securely, then activate the printer. Unpack the cartridges along the way
- Remove the yellow tape the cartridges. Position the cartridges correctly. The black should be on the left while the colored one should be on the right
- Let the ink charge first
- In the meanwhile, install the proper software for the printer by using the provided CD. If you can’t find the CD, download the software. Feel free to come to the official website and find the sections for software or driver.
- Type in your printer’s type and you will be given links for the right software
- Once you have clicked the option Install, follow the given direction to perform the correct installation
- You will see the connection window. Choose Wireless Connection
- Then choose the option Printer for the First Time and then Next
- Choose WiFi automatic connect and then Next
- Again, you will be given instructions. After you follow them, the printer will be connected automatically to the computer
- If this method doesn’t work, then choose the option Wireless Connection Setup by using printer buttons
- At this stage, you will be asked the network’s password and SSID. To know this information, go to your computer and click on the option Show Network Password. Because your computer has been connected to the existing network, you should be able to see the option.
- Press Home icon button
- Choose WiFi Setup, and when you come to the control panel, click OK
- Within WiFi Setup Wizard, use the arrow buttons to choose the SSID. Afterwards, feed the password by accessing the buttons on the printer. Afterwards, choose OK
- There would be guidance to connect the Epson printer to your (wireless) network. Just follow them.
- Voila! If you do everything correctly, you should manage the wireless connection quite successfully up to this point.
First Time Wireless Network Setup with (Temporary) USB Cable
You can also use the USB cable to manage the Epson WF-2540 wireless setup. Simply follow the steps:
- You need to check whether the router is connected to the internet, while one (or even more devices) have been connected to the router
- There is a manual that you can use to set the printer manually and physically
- Connect a USB cable to your router. After you have set up the printer, you can remove the cable
- Insert a CD for the computer. It (usually) comes with the printer to start the software installation. Afterwards, install the software
- You will come to Print Driver options. Choose the option Install Network Connection Driver Software
- You will see instructions displayed on the screen
- You will be taken to the Start Network Setup Window. When you are there, choose the option Setup Printer for the First Time
- Choose Next
- Choose Temporary Connection Method
- There should be a window warning opens about the Firewall. Simply choose Next
- Within the Connection Method, choose Connect via a Router Access Point
- Enable Allow Access via Firewall
- If you see the blocked window, choose the unblock option
- Choose the printer as well as the name. And then Next
- Choose Wireless Printing, and go with Wireless
- Set the settings
- You are asked to feed the network name and also password within the provided columns. Choose Next
- Just wait while the connection between the computer and printer is being set automatically through the system
- By this time, the computer should show a notification that you should disconnect the USB cable. Remove it (from both the printer and computer) then.
- Try printing out a test page. If it can print quite well and successfully, then you have managed a successful wireless connection.
As you can see, it’s not difficult at all to manage such a connection. Between these two ways to deal with Epson WF-2540 wireless setup, you only need to pick one that suits your needs.
Epson WF-2540 Driver Windows
Windows 10 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 8 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows XP (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Server, Windows Vista
- Link Download
- File Size : 138 MB
Epson WF-2540 Driver MacOS
MacOS 10.3, MacOS 10.4, MacOS 10.5, MacOS 10.6, MacOS 10.7, MacOS 10.8, MacOS 10.9, MacOS 10.10, MacOS 10.11, MacOS 10.12, MacOS 10.13, MacOS 10.14, MacOS 10.15, MacOS 11
- Link Download
- File Size : 81 MB