What should you do when you want to manage Epson NX230 WiFi setup? Well, there are several possible options, including the one with WPS pushbutton and the one without it.
In case you don’t know it, the WPS is short for WiFi Protected Setup. It is the standard network security to create a safe and solid wireless network.
Requirements for WPS Method
For a lot of people, the WPS system is easier and somewhat more convenient. However, if you are going to manage the setup with this method, there are several requirements to meet:
- The router or access point should have a physical and true WPS pushbutton. Check for yours
- The network must have WPA or WPA2 for security protocol. Most access points with WPS enabled won’t connect with WPS feature is there is no security or when the WEP method is implemented. You can check the computer’s wireless connection setting to see which (security) method is used
You need to check these two factors to ensure successful setup with WPS. If you don’t know anything about it, you can consult the one setting up your wireless network.
To manage Epson NX230 WiFi setup with the WPS feature, follow these steps:
- Check your wireless router. It should be within the printer’s range. The button should be ready
- On the printer, there would be a wireless button that you need to press and hold until you see the wireless lamp flashes
- Then press the Color button
- Press wireless button again until Direct Lamp flashes on
- Press Color button and check whether the ON lamp (along with the wireless lamp) flash. They should be on. If they are on, press the WPS button (on your router) for around 2 minutes. You should see the printer’s blue (WiFi) stay flashing for searching. The WiFi and Power lamps should flash when connected to the access point.
- The WiFi and Power lamps will stop flashing once your printer is connected successfully to the wireless network. These lamps will remain on and lit. The network lamp should also light up.
Without the WPS Feature
If the access point doesn’t have WPS pushbuttons, then you need to do the following steps to manage the Epson NX230 WiFi setup.
- Download the required software. Install it. If you see a CD with the printer, then it is likely the software. But if you can’t find the CD, then just download it.
- Double click the exe file to open the setup
- Let it be. It takes a while to check for the latest updates or release (of the software and driver)
- Pick your country and region, and then Next
- Choose Yes to accept the license agreement terms
- Make sure that you check the option Deactivate the Block and then Next
- Choose your wireless LAN connection and then Next
- Make sure that the printer is on. Then Next
- Let the software search for printers that have been already set up within the network
- If you already connect the printer to the network, you should be able to see it on the list. Pick it and then Next to start the installation. Be advised that this stage won’t work for you if this is your first time setting up the printer.
- When you manage the setting on the printer, the software will automatically disconnect the computer from the wireless network, but no need to worry because it is only temporarily. Once the network setting configuration is successful, the software will directly connect to the printer. When everything completes, the computer will be automatically reconnected again to the wireless network
- Once you have established a connection, go with Next to proceed with the installation
- The driver software will be installed on the computer. Registration will take place automatically. Let it figure out things on its own
After these steps, there are actually several extra things that you can do, if you want to. You can manage a print head alignment, but if you don’t want to, just choose Next.
You can also perform a print test or install extra software that you are interested in. But if you aren’t interested, just skip them all and click Next.
Go with Exit to complete the installation. Make sure to read everything completely and thoroughly to ensure successful Epson NX230 WiFi setup
Epson NX230 Driver Windows
Windows 10 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 8 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows XP (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Server, Windows Vista
- Link Download
- File Size : 96 MB
Epson NX230 Driver macOS
macOS 10.3, macOS 10.4, macOS 10.5, macOS 10.6, macOS 10.7, macOS 10.8, macOS 10.9, macOS 10.10, macOS 10.11, macOS 10.12, macOS 10.13, macOS 10.14, macOS 10.15, macOS 11
- Link Download
- File Size : 73 MB