Epson Connect Printer Setup Utility Windows, Mac
Why would you need to know about Epson Connect printer setup utility? Well, this particular setup utility should help you to make use of your printer to its best use.
The setup utility will help you enable (or activate) Epson Connect so users like you can print documents, photos, or emails from any accessible device (which is able to send emails).
If you want your Epson printer to perform flawless scanning function or to enable remote printing, then you need to activate this setup. It’s also beneficial for scan to cloud or email print.
The Setup for Windows
Be advised that different operating systems will require different methods or mechanisms. If you connect your Epson printer with your Windows computer, then you need to follow these steps.
1. Make sure that you connect your computer and printer with a wireless system (or Ethernet connection)
2. You need to access the main page of Epson support to see the Start Here sheet. Choose the product, and then choose Manuals. And then click the button Start Here
3. Download the Epson Connect printer setup utility. Don’t forget to install it
4. There would be the agreement for end-user license. Click Next on it
5. Then click Install, and don’t forget to click Finish
6. Choose your printer, and then Next
7. Choose Printer Registration option, and then Next
8. Go with the option Agree, and then Next
9. There should be a notification or a message stating ‘Register a printer to Epson Connect. You need to choose OK
At this stage, you want to choose between these two actions. If you want to make a new account, then you need to fill out a form of ‘Create an Account for Epson Connect’.
Then finalize it with Finish. However, if you register new product with an already existing account, go with the option ‘I already have an account’. Choose ‘Add New Printer’ and then go with the option ‘Add’. Finalize it with Close
You should be able to see instructions to activate the features ‘Scan to Cloud’ as well as ‘Remote Print’. Follow the instructions if you want to activate them.
The Setup for Mac
If you connect your printer to a Mac computer, you need to follow the following steps. Again, to manage everything, you need to go to the main page of Epson support.
1. Download Epson Connect printer setup utility and then install it. There would be an option Continue; make sure to click it
2. Again, you will see the Software License Agreement. Click Continue to agree with their terms. Finalize it by clicking Agree
3. Click the option Install, and then Close
4. Choose the type of your printer and then Next. If you don’t see any window appears automatically, access Finder window and choose Application, and then Epson Software. You should see the option ‘Epson Connect Printer Setup’. Double click on it
5. Choose Printer Registration, and go with Next
6. You should now see the message ‘Register a printer to Epson Connect’. If you do, choose OK
7. Scroll down until you see the option (and check box) I Accept the Conditions and Terms. After you check it, go with the option Next.
At this stage, you are required to do either of the following: If you make a new account, there is a form to fill. Complete the option ‘Create a Connect Account’ and then Finish.
But if you already have an account and you want to add a new product, go with the option ‘I already have an account’. Fill out a form for adding a new printer, and then finalize the process with Close.
You will see instructions to enable Remote Print and to ‘Activate the Scan (to Cloud)’ features.
You probably think that setup utility is too technical. You need to try it out; just to see what you will be facing and how you can manage everything.
The steps aren’t as difficult as you think, and if you do follow the steps carefully, you should be fine. Although the steps are different from the Windows and the Mac (and some of their differences are slight), you need to follow each step thoroughly.
It’s crucial that you understand the basic concept (and steps) of Epson Connect printer setup utility if you are going to do this.