Why should you know a thing or two about Epson AirPrint setup? Well, if you want to enjoy an easier and a more seamless working productivity, then the AirPrint technology can provide a huge help.
This feature allows (instant) wireless printing from your iOS devices, including iTouch, iPad, iPhone, and also Mac without you having to download software or install any driver.
Which Devices are Compatible?
Before you can manage the Epson AirPrint setup, you need to know whether your device supports such technology.
If you aren’t sure which devices have the AirPrint technology, you can check this page https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201311 for further checking.
You should be able to see the list and match it up with your own device.
What about the Epson devices? What types are able to support the AirPrint feature? Well, if you review the list one by one, it would be an abundance.
You should check Epson finder for Connect Solutions to make everything easier. Just type in the printer type that you want to check and you can get the information right away about its compatibility with the AirPrint service.
Managing Connection to the Network
Check that both printer and iOS device are within the same wireless network. If not, then they should be connected together.
- Open the iPrint app
- If you don’t see any printer being selected, then choose one
- Then you go to the Local section where you can choose the printer. If you don’t see the printer’s option, there is a Search feature on the bottom side. Use it to find the device. If you can’t see the printer, then you need to perform manual connection by accessing the tab Manual IP or go with WiFi Direct Setup
- For manual addition, click Manual IP, then click the option Add, provide the IP address, and then Done.
Managing Connection to Remote Printer
Epson has this technology, known as Email Print, where users are able to use their iOS devices to print from their (Epson) printer.
Be advised that all of the related devices (iOS devices and printers) should be within the same network.
Once they are connected, you can start printing remotely once you provided an email address (for the printer).
- Open iPrint
- Choose the option ‘Tap to choose a printer’
- Pick the option Remote and then pick Add located on the bottom right area, and then Yes
- If you don’t have access to the email address, you will need to provide one. Pick the option Get Email Address’.
- In the event you already have the address, click the provided field. Provide the address and then Done. You should now be able to perform remote printing. However, if you don’t have the address, then skip this one and head to the next stage.
- The next stage is for those who haven’t had their email address. In this stage, you will have to choose the printer’s name, which is shown in a list. If you can’t find it, use the Search feature on the bottom area
- You will get a message and you need to choose Show Details
- Click the option ‘Visit This Website’ and then choose ‘Register’. Epson Connect will assign an address (for the printer) to enable remote print.
- Go with Accept and then Next, and then OK
- Provide the email and password, and then Finish
- Copy the email address. Paste it in the field of Printer’s Email Address within iPrint
- Click Done
Managing WiFi Direct Connection
There is also a special Epson AirPrint setup for WiFi Direct.
- Open iPrint
- If you can’t see the printer, choose one
- Then go with WiFi Direct Setup, located on the right bottom side
- If your device has LCD screen, pick the option ‘Printer with LCD’. Naturally, if it doesn’t, then go with ‘Printer without LCD’
- There would be instructions displayed on the screen to manage direct connection
- Your process is done. You can now access iPrint to manage your work
If you aren’t familiar with how printers are set and connected, the steps above can be overwhelming and confusing.
That’s why you should clear your head, focus, and read everything. You should understand each step if you don’t want to get lost in the middle of the setup process.
After all, there are different ways to manage Epson AirPrint setup; you simply pick the one most suitable for you.