Processing a printer’s setup can be very problematic for beginners particularly when they have no tips or procedures to follow.
Errors can occur and the process might be uncompleted. So the most important thing to do is finding out the best and applicable procedures of processing a printer setup.
In this regards, we offer you the steps and tips for Brother MFC-L2710DW Wifi setup since this printer type has been purchased widely around the world.
Perhaps, you are one of the buyers that have just bought the item and wanted to complete the setup.
So don’t waste time!
Prior to Brother MFC-L2710DW Wifi Setup
Before you start with the Brother printer’s setup, make sure you have taken the note of the wireless network settings of your wireless router or access point.
Those include the Network Name which is also known as SSID and the Network Key which is known as the Password or Security Key or Encryption Key.
How to Find SSID and Password
To get to know the SSID and the password, first you need to check the base or side of tour wireless access point or router. Second, see the documentation available in the wireless router or access point.
If you cannot find both the Network Name and the Network key of your wireless access point or router, you may see the FAQs in the Brother printer’s product review.
Start with Brother MFC-L2710DW Wifi Setup
Once you have located the wireless network settings or your wireless access point or router, make sure you follow the setup procedures in terms of the text-based instructions. Here we have it for you:
- Get the Brother printer connected with the power cord and connect it later to the electrical socket.
- Turn on your Brother printer.
- Select “Menu” button” that you can find in the machine’s control panel.
- Press “Up” or Down” arrow keys to choose the network and click on “OK”.
- Press “Up” or “Down” arrow keys again to choose WLAN and click on “OK”.
- Press “Up” or “Down” arrow keys once more to choose Setup Wizard and click on “OK”.
- When you receive a message “WLAN Enable?”, select “Yes” to allow for your wireless network. This step is aimed to start the wireless wizard.
- Then, the machine will start searching your network and display a list of available network names (SSIDs). So press “up” or “down” arrow keys to find your SSID that you have written before. Next, press “OK” to your option.
- Do one of the following:
- If you use an authentication and encryption method that needs the Password or Network Key, enter it and press OK to apply your settings.
- If you use an authentication method that is Open System and your encryption mode is None, just go to the next step.
- The Brother printer will try to connect to the wireless network you have chosen.
Note, if your Brother printer connects successfully to the Wifi, it’s LCD will display a message “Connected”.
However, if the connection fails, the machine will print a wireless connection report so you can check the error code stated on the printed report.
Download and Install Your Brother MFC-L2710DW software
Once you have successfully performed the Brother MFC-L2710DW Wifi setup, the next thing to do is to download and install the printer driver. Now let’s question you; Dou you use Windows? or Macintosh?
If you use Windows, start downloading and installing the software by heading to “Downloads” and download the “Full Driver & Software Package”. Please follow the instructions given on the downloaded page.
If you use Macintosh, go to “Download” and download the “Full Software Package” and follow the instructions available on the downloaded page.
If you cannot find it, you can search for “Full Software Package” and download “Printer Driver and Scanner Driver”.
Follow the instructions of installations given on the downloaded page. If you cannot find it still, we highly recommend that you use AirPrint.
Well, if you face any difficulties and need further assistance, you may contact the Brother customer service. Usually, the customer service is available to help you for 24 hours in the working days.
Brother MFC-L2710DW Manual Download
- Brother MFC-L2710DW User Guide Download (PDF)