When it comes to process a wireless setup on a printer, there is only one thing to keep in mind and do later. That is to find the best way as well as the correct procedures to make it up.
Now if you are expecting to carry out a Brother HL-3075CW Wireless Setup, you are lucky! As we would like to share the procedures of the printer setup, pay attention to every step given in the review sections as follows:
Brother HL-3075CW Configuration for Wireless Network Using Automatic Wireless Mode
This part is explaining the way to configure your Brother HL-3075CW for a W-Fi connection using an automatic wireless mode.
However, before you start with the steps, make sure you have already had a WLAN access point or router that support WPS (Wi-Fi Supported Setup) or AOSS (AirStation One-Touch Secure System).
These will lead you to configure the printer to a Wi-Fi connection easily.
Confirm that your WLAN router or access point has the WPS or AOSS. Here are the complete steps to carry out the procedures:
Step 1: Wireless Settings Configuration
There are seven steps to follow in the following stages:
- Locate your Brother machine next to the range of your WPS or AOSS router/access point. The range may be different from one router to another depending on your environment.
- Hold down the WPS or AOSS button on your WLAN router/access point for a few seconds. This way, how long you hold the button may also differ depending on the WLAN router/access point.
- Press “+” on your Brother machine. You can also optionally select “Network” and press OK.
- Press “+” or select WLAN and click OK.
- Press “+” or select SES/WPS/AOSS and click on OK. This step is aimed to start the wireless setup wizard.
- In the sixth step, the Brother machine will automatically search and detect which mode your access point is; either WPS or AOSS, to configure your Brother machine.
- A connection will send you a message on the LCD.
If the LCD displays a message “Connected”, it means that the machine has successfully connected to your router/access point. If you do this configuration for the first time, you can go to step 2 that is to install the driver for the network. If not, your wireless setup is now complete.
If the LCD displays a message “Connection Error”, there might be more than one router/access pint detected by your Brother machine. Enable one router only and start from step 2.
If the LCD sends you a message “Connection Fail”, your Brother machine is not successfully connected to the router. Start the step 2.
If the LCD sends you a message “No Access Point”, your machine doesn’t detect any router. Enable your router and try step 2.
Step 2: Driver Installation for Network
Once you finished with the Brother HL-3075CW Wireless Setup, you should continue to follow the step 2 to install the printer driver to get connected with the network.
Though you may have printed using USB connection, this driver installation is still necessary to get connected to a network.
So here are the steps to follow:
- Turn on your computer and log on with Administrator rights. If there are some programs running, please close them in order that they won’t disturb the installation process.
- Put the installation CD-ROM into your CD-ROM drive.
- If you use Windows and you have no CD-ROM, head to “Download” section of the Brother’s website and download “Full Driver & Software Package:. Follow the instruction given in the downloaded page.
The opening screen will automatically open. Select your model and language. In the CD-ROM main menu, press “Install Printer Driver.” Later, select “Wireless Network Users” and choose “Driver Install Only.” Click on “Next” and “Yes” for the license agreement.
Then, follow the instruction given to complete the setup.
- If you use Macintosh while you have no CD-ROM, head to “Download” section of Brother website and download the printer driver. Follow the instruction given in the downloaded page. Later, the screen will view you a page, requiring you to double-click the option “Start Here OSX” icon to start the installation.
Follow the instructions shown on the screen to complete the Brother HL-3075CW Wireless Setup.
Brother HL-3075CW Manual Download
- Brother HL-3075CW User Guide Download (PDF)