Brother HL-2270DW Wireless Setup & Driver Update
So you want to setup your Brother printer wirelessly? No worry! Here we offer you the Brother HL-2270DW Wireless setup instructions you can absolutely follow to configure the device using a wireless setup wizard. Note, the computer should be on your network.
For more details, you may directly check out the description as follows:
Prior to Wireless Settings Configuration
Before you configure the wireless settings, you must notice your wireless network settings of WLAN access router by checking out the network name (SSID and ESSID) and the network key (Password, Security Key and Encryption Key) through the following steps:
1. Look at your WLAN access router’s side.
2. Look at the documentation available with your WLAN access router.
3. If you see the manufacturer’s name or the model name, it can be the initial network name, too.
4. If there is no information about it, you may consult the router manufacturer or your internet provider.
In this case, Brother HL-2270DW supports the use of only the first WEP KEY. So if you use more than one WEP KEY, you can just enter the first WEP KEY.
Wireless Settings Configuration
To carry out the Brother HL-2270DW Wireless setup, the following instructions are available to follow:
1. Get the AC Power cord connected to your Brother machine and to an AC electrical socket. Later, turn on the device. In this step, you are not allowed to connect the USB cable.
2. Turn on your personal computer.
3. Put the supplied CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive.
4. If you have no CD-ROM, do the following instructions.
- If you use Windows, head to Download sections and download Full Driver & Software Package. Follow the instructions given on the downloaded page.
- If you use Macintosh, head to Downloads section and download Wireless Setup Wizard for Macintosh and printer driver. Later, run the Wireless Setup Wizard for Macintosh and follow the instructions given in the downloaded page.
- After the wireless configuration, you can start installing printer driver. This way, the installations instructions are given already in the downloaded page.
How To Install the Printer Driver
Either Windows or Macintosh has different instructions to install the printer driver. So here are each of their instructions we provide you so that you don’t have to download them anymore.
For Windows, there are eight steps or instruction to follow. Here they are:
1. Select your model and language once the installation screen appears automatically.
2. Click on “Install Printer Driver” when you see CD-ROM appear on your screen. Afterwards, tap on “Allow” or “Yes” when the User Account Control appears on the screen.
3. Later, License Agreement will appear on your window, so tap on “Yes” if you agree the License Agreement.
4. Select Wireless Network Connection and click Next.
5. Select “Brother Peer-to-Peer Network Printer” and click “Next”.
6. If there is “Firewall/AntiVirus detected” message appears, select “Change the Firewall port settings to enable network connection and continue with the installation”.
7. Later, click “Next”.
8. Check whether your Brother machine is in the list of the screen. If not, click “Wireless Setup” for the wireless settings configuration.
If yes, select your Brother machine and click “Next” to follow the on-screen procedures. This is aimed to install the printer driver by selecting “for network connection”.
For Macintosh, there are only three steps or instruction to follow:
1. Select “Start Here OSX” icon by double clicking it.
2. Select “Wireless Network Connection” and choose “Next”.
3. The screen will view you a list for choosing your Brother machine. If you don’t find your Brother machine on the list, please click “Setup” for wireless settings configuration.
If you find it, click “next” and follow the instructions given to install the printer driver. This is aimed for finding the network connection.
Though you have printed using the USB connection, you still need to install the printer driver to find “For Network Connection”.
One tips to take into account for the Brother HL-2270DW Wireless setup, make sure you know what to do before performing the setup, then follow the setup instructions one by one.
If you still find any difficulty, you can surely contact the customer service.
Brother HL-2270DW Driver Windows
Windows 10 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 8 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows XP (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Server, Windows Vista
- Link Download
- File Size : 29 MB
Brother HL-2270DW Driver MacOS
MacOS 10.3, MacOS 10.4, MacOS 10.5, MacOS 10.6, MacOS 10.7, MacOS 10.8, MacOS 10.9, MacOS 10.10, MacOS 10.11, MacOS 10.12, MacOS 10.13, MacOS 10.14, MacOS 10.15, MacOS 11
- Link Download (Mac 10.10)
- Link Download (Mac 10.9)
- Link Download (Mac 10.8 10.7 10.6 10.5 10.4 10.3)